WHO WE ARE
Scottish Historic Buildings Trust plays a unique role in preserving and promoting the nation’s heritage. The Trust collaborates with local communities and specialists to preserve significant properties at risk in Scotland. With a small team and no public funding we have already restored over 30 buildings and raised in excess of £30 million.
Our team has specialist skills in historic building preservation, fundraising, project management and property management. We also bring expertise in event management, building interpretation and in delivering educational programmes.
The Trust’s mission is to conserve at-risk, historically significant buildings by giving them fresh life, economic viability and purpose in the local community.
Through interpretation and education programmes, we engage with the community and heritage specialists to discover each building’s distinctive story, contributing to Scotland’s reputation for outstanding heritage.
SHBT is a custodian of historic buildings with a distinct importance. Our Mission is to create a sustainable future for historic buildings that are treasured by, and relevant to, the communities they serve. We seek to achieve this through providing rentable office space, educational & learning opportunities, wedding and venue hire, and an interesting range of events and performances.
As a charity we operate with a small team representing the key disciplines of architecture, project management, facilities management, finance, fundraising and education. We are supported by a very active group of Trustees with experience in property, public relations, finance, community relations and law.
Volunteers are key to our work and support us with events, special tours, archiving and research.
- Una Richards – Chief Executive Officer
- Fiona Lawrence – General Manager
- Gail Raselli – Events Manager
- Colin Gilmour – Project Manager
- Angela Thomas – Project Manager
- Elizabeth Mackay – Strathleven House Property Manager
- Antonia Nixon – Custom House Property Manager
- Roseanne Tye – Marketing Manager
- Jennifer Mackay – Finance Manager
- Ezani Baharuddin – Bookkeeper
- Jessica Malone – Project Officer
- Jess Burrows – Project Officer
- Teague Murray – Events Co-ordinator
- Jenna Neeson – Events Co-ordinator
- Maggie Wright – Chair
- John Campbell, QC
- James Dawnay
- Charles Guest
- Sue Jarvie
- Ken Lindsay
- John Lowrey
- Ian Marrian
- Ian McLennan
- George McNeill
- Bill Thomson
- Norman Wilkinson