Custom House is an imposing Georgian building at the heart of The Shore area of Leith. Completed in 1812, the building retained its original use until 1980 when it became a museum store. When it was to be sold for redevelopment in 2015, The City of Edinburgh Council stepped in to acquire Custom House and appointed SHBT to lead its regeneration and restoration. After almost 35 years with no public access, the building is now being brought back to life as a thriving hub for the creative industries whilst the capital project to restore it is developed.
There are a number of rooms available for event hire as well as a variety of flexible office / studio spaces available to let. All proceeds from the letting and hire of the building go towards its ongoing upkeep and future restoration. For members of the public who are particularly interested in the building, SHBT operates a series of open days throughout the year.
INTERESTED IN THE HISTORY OF CUSTOM HOUSE?