St Ninian's Manse and Quayside Mills Exterior

St Ninian’s Manse

Our Buildings > St Ninian’s Manse

Introduction

With origins dating back to 1493, St Ninian’s Manse is thought to be the oldest building in Leith and is topped by Edinburgh’s sole surviving 17th-century timber steeple. It formed part of the original entrance to St Ninian’s Chapel, which was mostly demolished during the 19th century when the site was converted to industrial use as a mill.

From 1996 to 2002, SHBT restored both St Ninian’s Manse and the adjacent Quayside Mills, creating desirable waterfront accommodation and office space whilst also preserving an important historic structure and a key part of the Leith’s history.

INTERESTED IN THE HISTORY OF ST NINIAN'S MANSE?

St Ninian's Manse and Quayside Mills Exterior